The PetaLogix Approach
When you engage PetaLogix you can rely on us to get the job done on time, on budget and at a quality level that exceeds your expectations. For your piece of mind, you may want to be assured about the processes that we will use to manage your job, so this page provides an overview of the PetaLogix Approach.
- Talking to the engineers that do the job – for every client, we identify a PetaLogix contact to manage client interactions. Unlike larger companies, who may give this job to a sales representative or account manager,we like to keep this role for our engineers. They're the ones working on your job, doing the design, building the system, doing the coding and it's them you need to be able to talk to about changes or challenges. We're a small, cohesive team but you need to know that there is someone dedicated to getting your job done and it is an engineer who understands your technical challenges.
- Working across all time zones – while we're based primarily in sunny Brisbane, Australia, our clients come from around the world. We're set up to work on your time zone – we can often get things done while you're sleeping and we'll organise to talk with you at a time that suits you. As our experienced team is expanding we're also adding staff at locations in other parts of the world, enabling us to keep working around the clock.
- Having a flexible and adaptive Project Management approach – because of the range of projects that we work on, having a rigid project management approach would not help us meet all our clients needs, so we've created systems that can adapt to what's required for your job. If you need a rapid turn around on the development of a simple Linux device driver that we can complete in a few days, we're not going to create a huge Project Plan. But for turn-key product development, we will be much more stringent on nailing down some milestones and ensuring that you are regularly updated with Status Reports. Our Project Management approach takes the best of traditional approaches along with elements of Agile Project Management to get you the best outcome.
- Taking a leading role in the future of Embedded Linux, creating the road map for the future – we know it's not enough to be the current world leader in embedded Linux on MicroBlaze and pat ourselves on the back. We've got an eye on the future and we're creating the road map that will lead to better solutions to the new challenges that emerge every day. You can rest assured that our skills and capabilities continue to grow along with our plans for creating new services and products as solutions to the challenges that you may not even have thought of.
- Having enough internal systems to manage work properly but not create unnecessary overheads – our roots are in the academic arena where policies and process manuals abound, and often get in the way of getting the job done. On the other hand, just going with the flow creates its own challenges. That's why we've got simple, bare bones internal process guidelines that are there to make sure we meet our time, budget and quality promises. Even though we're small, we're all on the same page and you can rest assured that you'll get professional and efficient service, every time.